The concept is simple: bring in your clean, empty container so we can candle it!
- What kind of containers? No surprise, any used Lulumière candles, jars or tins, can be cleaned and brought in to re-candle. But any other empty candle containers from other brands are welcome too. We love to turn empty mason jars, small plant pots without holes, glass yoghurt containers & Glassy Baby beauties into candles.
- Do I really have to clean my container? Yes, it needs to be clean. The wick will adhere better to a clean surface & we do want to start fresh! The good news is, it's pretty easy to do. Here is my short video on how you can easily clean the wax out of your old candles!
- How long does it take? You can have your empty containers candled in as little as 2 hours. Just let us know when you drop off if you'd like to come back later that day. A popular option, especially if you don't live in the city, is to drop off your empties at Lulumière, leave to run errands or grab some lunch, then come back that afternoon. Of course, you are also welcome to come back the next day or even the next weekend, if you can wait that long, to get your freshly candled containers.
- How much is it? Cost is calculated by the ounce. Signature scents are $2/oz and Essential scents are $2.25/oz. Not sure how many ounces your container is? Measure by filling your container with water, then pouring the water into an empty Pyrex measuring cup.
- Do you ship? At the moment, this is a local offering. My original vision was to reduce waste & provide this unique service to the greater Seattle community. The cost of you shipping empties to our storefront for us to fill, then shipping them back to you isn't a model that works right now. But we may have other options in the future.